Volunteer Roles: Clothing Store – 86 Kirkgate
Requires 1 person on a Monday 1pm – 3pm
1 person on a Friday 10.30am – 3pm
The Clothing Store operates a Request and Delivery system for asylum seekers at the Initial Accommodation Centre, Urban House. The Clothing Store also offers a Request and Collect system for local asylum seekers and new refugees.
The specific tasks at the Clothing Store, include: –
- Accepting deliveries of donations.
- Sorting, and checking items are clean and in good repair.
- Folding and shelving clothing.
- Keeping the store clean, tidy and safe for people to volunteer.
- Making up request parcels, Emergency Packs and Welcome to the World packs.
The store has limited heating, two floor levels and often involves physically demanding work.
1 person Monday between 1pm and 3pm.
1 person Friday between 10.30am and 3pm. Or by arrangement.
Logistics needs can arise at all times in the week – currently we manage with 2 cars !
The Clothing Store offers a Request and Delivery system to the Initial Accommodation Centre, Urban House and a Request and Collection system to local asylum seekers and new refugees.
We require a volunteer to deliver items to peoples’ homes, move items between the different buildings where donations are stored and to assist with re-cycling.
Having a vehicle with a big capacity, such as a van or estate car is fairly essential, but we will consider any help offered 🙂
The volunteers will have to ensure they have the appropriate vehicle insurance cover.
This volunteering role will involve some physically demanding work.
Requires 1 volunteer on Fridays from 12.30pm – 3pm
However, if we were lucky enough to get 2 or more volunteers for this work, we could consider operating on more than just Fridays as we do at the moment.
The Donation Store at Custom House stores bedding, curtains, blankets and small household items.
The specific tasks are: –
- To sort and catalogue donations
- Ensuring donations are clean, suitable for purpose and safe to use.
- To prepare requests for local collection.
- To keep the store clean, tidy and safe.
- To be aware of what we have so that requests can be dealt with
Volunteering at Custom House involves some physically demanding work. Lift access is not always available.
The Clothing Store has volunteering opportunities for people who enjoy repairing garments, altering curtains, dressing dollies and mending toys.
Suitable items can be delivered or collected.
2 x Tuesday afternoon volunteers required for:
– Making Tea Coffee and being sociable 🙂
Wakefield District City of Sanctuary operates an ethical recycling policy and aims to avoid using landfill whenever possible.
Please note – All Volunteer Specifications are subject to approval and alterations.