Skip to main content

If you are staying in Urban House, or one of the hotels, your accommodation in Wakefield is temporary, please talk to your welfare manager about access to doctors and health care.

If you have been dispersed to a house in Wakefield, or have decided to settle here, It is very important for you to register yourself and family with a doctor – known in the UK as a GP, which stands for “general practitioner”. They will be able to look after your health needs.

In the UK you do not need to register with the nearest doctor to your home – you can choose a doctor you feel comfortable with.

If you are in the centre of Wakefield, you can try the Trinity Health Centre or Warrengate Medical Centre. To see the nearest doctors to where you are, use Google maps and search for “Doctors”. Go to the Doctors of your choice, and ask at the reception for a registration form.